Making these tasty, moist muffins in advance means they are great for a quick lunch and perfect for lunch boxes.
Makes 6 adult muffins and 6 baby muffins.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 courgette, grated
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and oil a muffin or bun tin with space for 12 muffins. Line each hole with a muffin case.
- Add the flour and oregano into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate jug or bowl add the water and oil and mix.
- Add the water and oil mixture slowly to the dry ingredients, mixing all the time.
- Once the mixture has come together add in the courgette and cheese and stir.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the cases, I did 6 larger muffins and 6 smaller ones.
- Put into the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden on the top and cooked through.
- Transfer the muffins to a baking tray to cool.
- Serve! We had ours with tomatoes and some natural yogurt for a weekday lunch.