Use this fun and simple idea to prompt learning and discussion during snack time in your home, setting or class.
You will need:
- Peel-able fruit like bananas or satsumas
- Permanent markers (Sharpies
work very well for this)
Simply use the markers to write numbers onto the fruit. As each child takes a piece of fruit, they say the number that they recognise. The educator can spark discussion by asking ‘”who took a number 3?”, “can you see any other numbers around the classroom?” etc.
Other ideas you could try:
- Sounds the children have learnt
- Sight words
This idea works just as well with a rolling snack time too!
I am learning to…
- Recall facts I have learnt :: this covers a variety or areas depending on the facts
- Take turns with other children :: Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Becomes independent through feeding self (washing hands, peeling fruit etc) :: Physical
For more classroom ideas follow our INSPIRING CLASSROOM Pinterest board…
Follow Beth :: Wings and Roots’s board The Inspiring Classroom on Pinterest.