These little muffins are a perfect way to gently introduce your baby to spice. The cumin and carrot marry well to create a sweet flavour and a small kick of spice. With their moist middle and crumbly top they make a tasty lunch for babies and adults alike!
Makes: 12 small muffins.
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup full fat greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup vegetable/sunflower oil
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 200oc and line a cupcake tray with cases (you can use a muffin tin for bigger muffins).
- In a bowl add the egg, yogurt and oil and whisk until combined. Sprinkle in the cumin and whisk again.
- Slowly sift in the flower, mixing to combine. The dough is a soft, wet dough. Don’t be tempted to add anymore flour as this will make the muffins too dense.
- Stir in the grated carrot until they are flecked evenly throughout the dough.
- Spoon the mixture into the 12 cases and put into the oven for around 20 minutes or until they are cooked through and golden on top.
- Serve! We ate ours with some juicy watermelon.